TCC Commitment to Carbon Neutrality in 2050
TCC joined the UN Climate Action and aimed to solve the complex relationship between humans and nature and search for a balance between the development of civilization and the environment.
TCC Group’s Carbon Reduction Targets (Base Year=2016)
- 2020 Taiwan: SBTi (Science Based Targets initiative) passed TCC’s Taiwan 2025 Target in July
- 2030 Taiwan: 31% Reduction in Carbon Emission Intensity
- 2030 Mainland China: 20% Reduction in Carbon Emission Intensity
- 2050 TCC Group: Aiming for Carbon Neutral Concrete Products
TCC Group's Carbon Reduction & Roadmap to Carbon Neutrality
Carbon Emissions Reduction Acion Plan To 2030
Seven Strategies to Reduce Carbon Emissions
Carbon Emission Intensity
TCC Group’s cement plants have lower carbon emission intensity compared to peers in Taiwan and Mainland China.
GHG Emissions Inventories and Verifications
Internal Carbon Pricing
||In 2018, TCC began including a carbon emissions standard of 0.87 tCO2/tClinker (equivalent to 0.7273 tCO2/tonne of cementious material) in the operational KPI.
||100% of cement plants achieved the target in 2019 → Prime consideration in determining performance and bonus
Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) Microalgae Cultivation for Carbon Dixoide Sequestration
||Asia’s Biggest Calcium Looping Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS)
The technology was developed using limestone, the most natural carbon absorbent, combining with the cement manufacturing process.
- Global R&D 100 Award (The Oscars of Invention - The Chicago Tribune)
- ①②Frequency controls for material feed and transportation belt
- ③Entrainment bed mode under analysis
▲Operation Records (Demonstration Plant)
- (1) Entire system can continuously operating powder circulation for 108.1 hours
- (2) Stable carbon capture can last 52 hours
- Carbon capture of 100,000 tons per year in 2030
||Microalgae Cultivation for Carbon Dixoide Sequestration and Circular Economy